Ladies Aran Crew Neck Sweater. Made in Ireland
- Crafted with 100% merino wool to offer comfortability while bringing out a sense of sophistication and timeless fashion.
- Features Honey and Cable stitch design that gives both a gorgeous and stunning look as well as a deep Aran traditional significance for success and good fortune.
- Sweaters are available in variable sizes from small to large, with several colors to choose to match your desired taste and look.
- Authentic sweater crafted in Ireland by real Aran communities living in the small islands of Inis Mor and supplied by Irelandís leading sweater supplier.
- Organic and natural fibers help sustain body temperature as well as allowing it to stretch and retract back to its natural form for a perfect fit.
The cable and diamond stitching patterns are deep-rooted in Irish knitwear designs. They add depth and texture to this magnificent garment. While these patterns might seem like appealing designs to the common eye, they hold special significance to the people of Aran Islands from the West coast of Ireland. For centuries, the descendants of these remote islands live off the sea through farming and fishing. The honeycomb patterns are symbolic of a bee, which represents hard work and good returns. The cable patterns, on the other hand, are representative of the ropes that fishermen use, symbolic of a good catch. Wearing this garment isnít only a fashion statement; itís a representation of good fortunes, success, and achievement from hard work.
Aran Sweaters have a long history. The natives of Aran were hardworking fishermen and farmers isolated in the Aran Islands located on the West coast of Ireland. These sweaters were originally crafted and designed for a life in the rough stony islands. The only sustenance the inhabitants of these great islands had were offered by the sea, whether it was fishing or harvesting of seaweed. The Sweaterís distinct patterns were developed as a way to offer better insulation compared to a flat sweater design since air gets trapped in the raised patterns providing the much-needed warmth. Ever since, patterns have become a norm, and are embolic of the islandís rugged beauty as well as its inhabitants.
This sweater is crafted and designed by Aran Sweater Market, a company that was founded back in 1892 with a deep vision to safeguard the authenticity of Aran garments by supplying original Aran sweaters. The Aran Sweater market began supplying authentic Aran garments from a small island community of Inis Mor, quickly spreading its reach as Irelandís leading supplier of original Aran sweaters. Their products are popular due to their devotion to providing 100% authentic Aran, design, construction, and finishes in knitwear. They have markets in Dublin, Killarney, Galway as well as the Aran Islands.
If you are looking for a knitwear design that will not only bring out your unique taste but also your deep sense in culture as a fashion statement, the Womenís Merino Aran sweater is a perfect choice.